If you’re starting from scratch with column store, here are some links that’ll help you get a better understanding of how they work, and what they’re good for, start here.
For some background information on column store indexes, see these:
- Columnstore indexes: Overview
- Columnstore indexes – Design guidance
- Columnstore indexes – Data loading guidance
- Columnstore indexes – Query performance
- Reorganize and rebuild indexes
For a detailed look at column store from Niko Neugebauer:
For scripts to help you analyze column store indexes:
Joe Obbish’s posts here:
Thanks for reading!
If this is the kind of SQL Server stuff you love learning about, you’ll love my training. I’m offering a 75% discount to my blog readers if you click from here. I’m also available for consulting if you just don’t have time for that and need to solve performance problems quickly.