A Thing Of Things
- Added the ability to search query store wait stats for queries that generated a large amount of a specific wait category.
- Noticed a couple
TOPqueries were missing
DESCfor the ordering
- Increased length of
all_plan_idscolumn to max after someone said they hit a truncation error with a length of 1000
- Updated documentation to reflect more specific version support: 2016 SP2+, SQL Server 2017 CU3+, 2019+, and Probably Azure
- Added a parameter to skip getting execution plans when server is really hammered
- Added database name to memory query
- Added a missing isolation level set
- Increased decimal length for servers with larger amounts of memory
- Updated proc to format queries to suit current formatting memes I enjoy
- Organized the proc a little bit better, putting all the declared variables and temp table creation at the beginning
- Fixed some inevitable bugs that come with formatting and reorganizing really long stored procedures
- Cleaned up error handling
- Added a check for the signed query hash action; I found the proc failed on some earlier builds of 2014 and 2012
So uh, go get those. Use’em. Have fun.
Do a SQL.
Thanks for reading!
If this is the kind of SQL Server stuff you love learning about, you’ll love my training. I’m offering a 75% discount to my blog readers if you click from here. I’m also available for consulting if you just don’t have time for that and need to solve performance problems quickly.